Sunday

Some Sunday...

I awoke to a firey hot little girl climbing into bed with me. She has come down with the Pox... ChickenPox to all non-Rapplings. I asked her how she got them and she is quite sure that the marker she drew on her tummy with yesterday is the cause of all of her Pox. Never fear that didn't stop Paige for coloring on herself today. Kate and John stayed home with Paige. Sydney and I snuck off to church. Paige was mad that she couldn't go play with her friends and she promised not to "color any Pox" on them. She does make me laugh that one.
Church was uplifting. Great Sacrament meeting talks, my Sunday School class was as usual fun...I am the teacher you know? L. Miller your Relief Society Lesson was rockin good. My turn next week! Took Esther home from church and noticed the beautiful foliage. Esther loves the red trees they make her especially happy.
One of my favorite places to visit are the Toledo Memorial Gardens in Sylvania. I grew up taking vacations that were arranged around stopping at cemetaries to conduct genealogy research so I've always found them peaceful welcoming places. We visit there to see Gavin. Usually we all go together as a family. Today it was just Sydney and I on our little adventure. I had to stop because the cemetary is stunningly beautiful in the fall and I didn't want to miss a chance of capturing the fall leaves against cerulean blue sky. Sydney had lots of questions about this little brother she never met and can't remember she was only one at the time. It was nice to talk with her one on one. Her perspective is completely different from Kate's who vividly remembers the loss of her baby brother. This all reminded me of this article Candice had sent to me long ago that gave me a small measure of comfort and understanding. I never thought I would feel peace sitting in the cemetary but today I did. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to have this trial. Gavin made me a better person. I've become a more compassionate friend. I have increased in faith and hope. So today I am thankful for this little boy that I was able to carry for five months and hold for a few minutes. For him and from him I've learned many things and for that I will be eternally grateful.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...Susan. I am so sorry. I don't know the story of Gavin. But, I am glad you have an understanding of things eternally. I always find that knowledge to be my greatest comfort.
Sounds like a great day.