Wednesday

Riddles...

I've have a Little Golden Book of Riddles, simply titled "The Riddle Book," for a long, long time... I remember buying at the Woodville Mall where we used to go and have lunch at a department store where Aunt Bonnie or maybe Aunt Pearl , I can't remember...mom I could use some clarification here... and that it was $1.50. These are the quirky things that I can recall from my childhood. Well my brothers loved this book. Daniel used to go around telling the jokes like he was a stand up comedian. Adam couldn't stop giggling and yes he was a way beyond cute curly headed, blue eyed, little giggler. Years later Kathryn too loved this book. She and Daniel have a lot of the same quirky talents, example being able to remember and qoute a movie, television show, or commercial back to you after one viewing. She would laugh and laugh when I'd read it to her. Then try out her new found jokes on unsuspecting friends and family.
Monday night Sydney found it on the bookshelf and brought it to me to read...we read every night. The memories just seeing the cover brought back made me happy. I love to hear my girls laugh. I needed to tell Kate to zip it. She kept trying to tell the punch lines before Sydney got a chance to think about the joke. Here were the Sydney's top three favorites.

When is a farmer mean?
When he pulls the ears off the corn.


What happens to ducks that fly upside down?
They quack up.

What do you call a crate full of ducks?
A box of quackers.
I hope they made you smile as much as they made Sydney smile!

0 comments: