Saturday

Gust Brothers Farm...

This is what fall is about... pumpkins, bunnies and Red Cow. I was introduced to Gust Brothers before we had any girlies and my friend Kelly let me tag along with her and her adorable Quincy to get pumpkins. So a few, maybe not so few, more like thirteen years later we're still there every October. Always hard to choose just one. Kate pounced on hers quickly. Then Sydney had to find one for the same price that was BIGGER than Kate's. Paige wanted a baby pumpkin so six dollars and fifty cents later the girls had pumpkins.

Always love the sunny days at the pumpkin patch....brings out the ladybugs.

I relenquished the camera and John was able to take a couple of shots before I felt compelled to take it back. Before squirrels the Rapplings wanted bunnies. They love holding the bunnies in the bunny hutch. Kate tried to convince me to take the one eared black bunny, which Sydney is snuggling, home to match our three legged black cat...nice try sister, you get an A for effort. Apparently this little guy was feeling brave. He hopped right up to Miss Paige. All I could think was please, please don't let her kill the bunny.Look at this...
Paige does have a sweet and gentle side...
maybe that bunny knows something I don't.Sydney thought the feed trough looked like a great place to play.
Red Cow and this years calf. My girls love this cow.View through the barn doors.
The color of straw in the warm autumn sun makes me happy.



That was the end of our pumpkin picking adventures. Much more pumpkin fun to come....we will have to carve them you know.

2 comments:

Creative Minx said...

OK - there's a bunny hut. Please tell me where this is? Erie michigan if I remember what you said last year. Jim, the animal lover, would LOVE to go there. I think I will surprise him on sweetest day and take him there, seriously!!!

Creative Minx said...

I surprised Jim yesterday and took him here! He saw a sign when we were approaching that said pumpkin farm and he wasn't that excited. Then when we parked he saw sheep and said 'is there a petting zoo?' i said yes and then he was happier. Jim picked up the black bunny. It was WAY soft! It was really cold out too.... grr...