Saturday

Fall plant sale...

The Rapplings were pretty excited to go see the scarecrows at the Botanicals this weekend. The actual Fall Festival is on Sunday in the afternoon...since we are on the afternoon church schedule right now we went over on Saturday. I have two very silly little and one silly but not so little girls. Much chasing of squirrels and each other was accomplished while I was "shopping". Olga showed me the false cypress she had her eye on. Josh, greenhouse manager at the gardens, realized that he used to work for my husband at Best Buy. I did hear more about how fun the warehouse was and less about working...sounds about right.Sydney up to no good.Front porch of visitor's center at TBG.These are from the pot on the far right of the porch, love the colors.
My girls love anything heart shaped so this is for them.
I went home with a Beautyberry Bush var. Early Amethyst
(my photo definitely not my plant, at least not yet.) and a beautiful Flame Grass -
Miscanthus sinesis var. purpurascens
which will someday look like this (borrowed photo.)

0 comments: