Monday

Another year older...

I turned 35 on Friday. I remember in fifth grade when I thought that 25 was so old! While talking with my dad today on the couch at church, telling him about how the girls are doing. Kate was elected to student council and is over the moon with excitement. Sydney finally practicing writing, e is her favorite letter right now, never mind that last weeks letter was f. She practiced through sacrament meeting at church like this, she draws a straight line and then the circle while making the circle she says, " and now around the bases." Like an announcer at a sporting event. Paige and her continual talk...her favorite, "I hep you. I hep you, mommy."
While pondering the last couple of years, which haven't been easy, I discovered that I am very happy with my life. No I don't have a lot of money, or sleep, or quiet, or enough time...but who does. I do have amazing friends to help me through all of those rough spots. Including a great husband who has a lot of sass in his pants. I don't think I should call him a smart ass on my blog, oops I think I just did. He helps me see the sillier side of life and encourages me to complete all of my many projects. My girls fill my life with tons of frustrations, a lot of distractions, an amazing amount of love and most importantly a bunch of hilarious stories. I love the spiritual space that I'm in now. I talk with God on a frequent basis. I do ask him a lot of times what is He thinking, has he lost his mind etc, etc, etc. I enjoy studying my scriptures. I enjoy learning, living in a time when information is so easily accessible is amazing. In junior high we had to use encyclopedias and now I can find anything I want on the web. It's like having thousands of books to look through at a moments notice. I love having the ability create things... a garden, a scrapbook, refinish a piece of furniture, sew blinds, canning foods, baking. Whatever I need I've been given the talents or spiritual strength to see myself and my little family through. So on this birthday I am thankful and blessed. I have heard it on good authority that there is a lot of life to live between 35 and 40. Bring it on!

4 comments:

The Arizona Richters said...

happy birthday! life is wonderful when we start really thinking about it, yes?

Leslie said...

35? That is all? You spring chicken! I am still trying to convince myself of the new saying that "40 is the new 20."
First of all, that is crap, but to be honest I am finding lots of things I like about being 40 rather than 20. My wish for you is that blessings are poured over you continually and your heart and head will be filled with joy and love always.
your friend,
Leslie
http://lesliesloft-leslie.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, you were right on the money of how I would feel without the juice!! How can I get more and how do I become a distributor? You know I love you friend, thank you for always being there for me and for introducing me to Charlene and MonaVie.
You are such an incredible blessing in my life. Wanna try another day time visit? Maybe we should just forget the scrapping and take the kiddies to the park.
Let me know,
Leslie
http://lesliesloft-leslie.blogspot.com/

Creative Minx said...

You are a great person Susan. I am blessed to have you in my life. You just reminded me to appreciate the small, normal things in life for happiness. Hugs Friend. May you next 35 be twice as great as your next 35.