Friday

Prophase, Anaphase and Plants in Plant Science...

For all Twilight fans out there I have some 411 for you. You know the scene everyone loves in science class when Bella and Edward first start talking. Whipping slide mounts of and on the microscope.... You know it, and you know you love it.





Well lets me tell you from personal experience that there is absolutely NO WAY that scene could have really happened. Yes Kate, vampires are fast. Focusing the microscope that fast would take at least a couple of minutes or some miraculous skills. Vampires, Kate are not miraculous, nor sweetheart, are they real. Blasphemy I know. So I really love the microscope and came prepared, of course, with Excedrin to prevent the headache that the light gave me last week. Here is an onion root tip stained under magnification...

And under more magnification...Last but not least I was very excited to see how my seedlings were doing. Yes, I took my camera...how else am I to show my girlies what I'm doing. I have already let everyone in class know I'm nuts. Just being myself. All seedlings were happy enough except one bean. He was decompsing so according to instructions I took him out pitched him and put a new presoaked seed in. I was trying to figure out how this would work out control wise when I realized that everyone else was back in class. Why? Umm, apparently my beans were the only ones which had popped their heads out of the soil. So I was the only student taking measurements of more than corn sprouts.See one happy little bean plant. Isn't it cute? Seriously, I acknowledge that I have issues. Yes I am officially a plant geek, nerd, or really and quite happily just my very quirky self.

0 comments: