Monday

Things I've learned about myself over the last two weeks...

1. I am creative. I love to make things. Anything with paper, paint, fabric, dirt it doesn't matter what medium I love to make things.
2. I am not an amazing housekeeper...adequate...but definitely not amazing.
3. I miss having a camera in our house...it seems like I'm missing an appendage. It's hard to complete the goal of focusing on the positives in my daily life without it. I'm continually thinking go grab the camera and then Bam! It hits me up the side of the head, that it's not here, it's in the shop. You think I'd remember that since it comes up four or five times a day.
4. I hate taxes. I don't like to pay them. I don't like to file them. I just plain don't like to deal with them. Anyone who has owned their own business knows how I feel. My accountant finds it highly entertaining that I'm all tied up in knots and tapping my foot at my appointment. Xanax anyone?
5. I love to finish something. I've finished a lot of different somethings lately....but no camera, so no photos.
6. Creative women are fun to hang around with.
7. The cold we Rapps have had for the past month off and on has given me a permanent headache.
8. I have no balance right now.
9. Falling off the bed, falling over a chair, and falling down the back steps while in a skirt and pumps, then landing in the snow while on the way to church last week....they all hurt.
10. I love my church! I arrived to sacrament meeting late on Sunday, to hear a friend speaking of how we should be on time on Sunday. I giggled to myself in the hallway and then enjoyed all the great looks I received after I walked in with my little girls in tow and sat down. I love being the entertainment.
11. My kids need to go outside to play NOW!
12. Everyday brings spring a little closer.
13. Martha Stewart's Recipe for Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting disappointed me. They tasted like banana bread with frosting....the kids liked them though, especially with sprinkles.
14. Kind people are everywhere...I'm thankful for unexpected kindness.
15. I am very thankful for friends who make me laugh! This story read by a friend HILARIOUS! She'd be happy to know that it will be read on fun Friday in Sydney's Kindergarden class.


16. I want to go on a family vacation. I'm dreaming of Yellowstone, here is a great link to images... but would be happy going anywhere just to be away for a few days.
17. Excited to put a few phrases up on the wall this week. Examples of what has inspired me...http://www.uppercaseliving.com/. Love my Silhouette and contact paper.
18. When Kate created a really fun ceramic sculpture at school it made me happy, proud and a little teary eyed. I miss playing with clay...that was a special treat I always enjoyed at my grandma's.
19. I am reading the Botany of Desire...I never new that nature could be so fascinating.
20. I love this website http://www.seedsavers.org/ great idea, fun history behind our food and the catalog...available online, is amazing. I'm dreaming of delicious salad's already.

3 comments:

mamabear said...

In some way, it's refreshing to know that not ALL things Martha Stewart are fabulous.... it makes me feel like there's some type of normalcy.

mamabear said...

The Pigeon series books are great.

Anonymous said...

You might long for Yellowstone becuse when you were 2 and Brandy was 4 months old we took you to this exact spot. However you were on a child harness to keep you from doing the dive! Love Mom