Wednesday

Happy crafting.

I know how this guy feels. Just so everyone knows that New Year's Eve snowfall didn't happen. We ended up with two inches....had a couple of sad little girls.
John and our friend Rick(Charlene Schumaker's husband) have been working a lot in the garage/studio. It's hard to turn a bare space into something livable with no budget. Thank goodness the workforce likes to be paid in Cocomotion. Just so everyone can see we have lights(donated) a new wall and new door,(thanks Rick) and updated wiring, and insulation(skrappinguy). We may not have walls for a looong time but at least we'll be cozy. And if you want to know what I'm doing with the floor I have no idea working on walls first,
one panel at a time.

I've been making aprons for Christmas. Here are two out of five in the teal and brown color combination. I'll have to ask my sisters of photos of the pink and green aprons I've already gifted to them.

On Christmas Eve John was filling the girls stockings and I saw him empty and then throw away this box. I almost had a heart attack.
"John wait, STOP, back away from the garbage."

This is the beginning of a fun little gift box I am creating.
Inspired by the Sweet Candy Companies packaging.

I'll let you see this when it's completed.
Can't wait to see what I do with it myself.
Happy New Year's ~Susan


2 comments:

CANDACE said...

flooring idea--

that looks like a cement floor--could you stain it? i worked in a coffee house in college that had a stained concrete floor & it looked really great! you could throw down some strategically placed carpet to give it a homier atmosphere but keep things low on the cost side...it could keep it easier to clean, too, with a broom to sweep up your scraps. :)

Brit said...

Yeah! You're a blogger too!!! I'll have to stay updated with all your cute stuff! Thanks for your comment, Ethan is cute, but he sure does run me ragged! Are you into digital scrapbooking? I've been wanting to get into it now that we have a new computer. I'm so clueless about it, I don't even know where to start. Anyway...it is so fun to see your family! I love your girls! So cute!